The Jewish Community Alliance/Jewish Family Services thanks our fabulous volunteers for generously giving of their time and commitment to gemilut chasadim (acts of loving kindness) in the service of tikkun olam (repairing the world). It is through their support that JFS is able to fulfill its mission of reaching out to those in need in the Southern Maine community.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Deliver Kosher Meals on Wheels to recipients in their homes
- Pick up food from a warehouse and stock the shelves of our food pantry
- Assist food pantry clients with their appointments
- Provide companionship to those who are homebound in our community through Friendly Visiting
- Bring Shabbat warmth to individuals in assisted living through the Shabbat on Wheels program
- Assemble and deliver seder plates to area seniors
- Shop for families in need through the Hanukkah Lights program.
- Treat those they serve with kindness and respect.