TOGETHER B'YACHAD CAMPAIGN
The B'yachad Together Campaign has raised 8.7 million of our $9.5 million goal to fund a new comprehensive facility on Congress Street in Portland designed to serve our large and diverse community. In addition, critical improvements are needed at Center Day Camp on Sebago Lake to maintain this beautiful community resource.
The Alfred Osher JCA Campus will offer a vibrant gateway to Jewish life in Southern Maine. The vast majority of space within the 19,000 square foot facility has been designed to accommodate a wide variety of community programming for all ages, including the Morris A. and Bertha Levine Portland Jewish Community Center and an Education Wing that will be home to Adult Jewish Learning, the Goldman Family Preschool, after school and evening educational opportunities. Jewish Family Services will have an enlarged food pantry and offices to better serve the needs of the community. The Jewish Federation will have a center from which to be a voice of social responsibility for the Jewish Community locally and internationally, expanding engagement for attracting broader support for JCA Annual Giving.
The Alfred Osher Campus will allow us to truly act as an alliance, bringing all of our programming together in one location and meeting the evolving interests and needs of our diverse community through every stage of life.
We have raised more than 9 million!
Help us reach our goal- 9.5 million.
The new 19,000 square foot Southern Maine JCA facility provides members and the community with:
- A 4,047 square foot assembly hall for plays, films, lectures, author talks, adult education classes, aftercare and family or community celebrations
- Two additional early childhood education classrooms, including infant care
- An art room and a library
- An expanded Jewish Family Services food pantry and diaper bank
- Community kitchens (kosher kitchen available)
There are multiple ways that you can participate:
- Make a five-year pledge
- Make a one-time gift of any amount
- Make a gift of stock
- Form a group for a naming opportunity
- Get your family and friends together and share the effort
- Introduce the campaign committee to prospective donors