Southern Maine Hillel serves students at the following colleges:
- University of Southern Maine (USM)
- University of New England (UNE)
- Southern Maine Community College (SMCC)
- Maine College of Art (MECA)
At each campus, Hillel creates a safe and enriching environment for students who are interested in Jewish life. We offer a Jewish perspective in interfaith dialogues, respond to issues of anti-Semitism, and provide vibrant and dynamic links to the broader Jewish community for students.
- Passover-Style Dinner at SMCC. Southern Maine Hillel is hosting a Passover-style meal in the Southern Maine Community College Culinary Arts Dining Room. Come enjoy a chametz-free dinner and learn more about the customs of Passover. Doors will open at 5:30 PM, and a full-course dinner will be served at 6:00 PM. RSVP required.
Are you interested in going on a Birthright Israel trip?
Registration opens on January 28, 2019. To register, click here. Students from USM, UNE, SMCC, and MECA are all eligible for the trip listed under USM. If you have questions about eligibility or the registration process, feel free to reach out to Rebecca Bass at email@example.com.
Have you recently graduated and would like to stay involved in the Jewish community?
Check out NextDor, the J's group for people in their 20s and 30s.