- A spiel presented by Temple Beth El, Augusta
- A costume parade and contest (Send us a picture of your costume, details below!)
- A special challenge for our local clergy
- A traditional reading of the megillah, so get out your groggers and make some noise!
Calling all Purim Costumes!
We may be at home this Purim, but that is no excuse to forgo your costume! In fact, it may even be the reason to dress up in ways you would never dream of doing in public!
The Center is hosting a virtual costume parade during our statewide Purim celebration on February 25. Please send us a picture or short video of yourself in costume to feature in the online parade. Everyone who sends in a photo or video will be entered into our costume contest in one of four categories:
- Best Maine-themed costume
- Best costume related to the story of Purim
- Funniest costume
- Best costume by someone younger than b’nai mitzvah age (kids are eligible for all categories)!
A panel of judges from the community will choose our winners.
PRIZES: Each of our four winners will receive a $50 gift certificate to Kolbo bookstore and Judaica shop for some online shopping.
Please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Description of your costume.
Entries must be submitted by February 23 to be considered for the contest! We can’t wait to see what you come up with to entertain and amuse us on this most unusual of Purims!