Tuesdays from 4-5 PM, February 27- March 18, 2024. In this 4-week course, we build upon all the basics of Pickleball covered in the Beginners course. The focus of this class is on drilling, drilling and, yes, more drilling! In particular, the drills will cover:
- Dinking at the no volley zone (NVZ) – both straight ahead and cross court
- Volleying at the NVZ (both forward and cross-court)
- Forehand and backhand groundstrokes – use of body core and footwork
- How to transition from the baseline to the NVZ
- How to slow down hard shots to regain tactical advantage
- Serving and return of serve
Players should come in with an understanding of these shots so that we can focus on making progress with proper technique. There will be some playing of points in this class…but mostly (you guessed it!): drilling. Not to worry…fun is always at top of mind. Course Instructor: Liz Winfeld.