If your tradition on December 25th includes Chinese food and a movie – or if you would like it to – come join us at the JCA for the afternoon!
We’ll have a delicious Chinese buffet lunch catered by Maine Jewish Museum Director Dawn LaRochelle (who was a restaurateur and caterer in Western Massachusetts for over a decade), snacks, games, activities, Hanukkah-themed gifts for everyone, and movies. Come for a meal or to hang out and enjoy the afternoon together!
- 12:00 – 1:30 PM: Food in the atrium, games and art in the Moser Family Library, and run-around time in the Cohen Hall
- 1:30 – 4:00 PM: We’ll be screening Paddington 2 in the Cohen Hall, showing a fantastic award-winning foreign film (subtitled) about food and family in the Glickman Board Room, and will have board games and art supplies set up in the Moser Family Library!
– The registration deadline is December 21. Tickets for the buffet lunch are $5/person, or you can skip the food and join us for just the festivities for free
– Please note that the meal will contain nuts and nut oil.
– Vegetarian dishes will be clearly marked; any meat served will be Kosher and prepared in a Kosher kitchen.
This event is co-sponsored by Temple Beth El, Congregation Bet Ha’am, Etz Chaim – Portland, Maine Jewish Museum, and the JCA.