The JCA’s mission is to enhance and promote Jewish life and continuity locally, in Israel and throughout the world, and to generate the financial resources to develop, provide and support diverse programs, education and services in order to accomplish these goals.
The welcoming receptionist is the first face people see when coming into the building, and the first voice they hear when they call the JCA, so the ideal candidate will be welcoming, friendly, flexible, and engaging. We are looking for someone with strong communication and administrative skills who is enthusiastic about the mission and programs of the JCA and dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the JCA’s customer service orientation and positive atmosphere. Willingness to adapt to changing needs and unexpected circumstances required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook is required.
This position reports to the Operations Director, and the job is full time, 40 hours per week, with a regular schedule from 8:30am-4:30pm. Occasional flexibility with start/end time and/or weekend hours may be requested, with significant advance notice.
The primary responsibilities of the Welcoming Receptionist include:
- Oversee building entry and exit, with a particular focus on maintaining security related screening protocols for parents, members, guests, renters, and the public
- Welcome visitors and connect them to relevant staff or programs
- Answer the JCA’s main phone line, responding to community needs and triaging as appropriate both within and outside the organization
- Keep the atrium and front desk area clean and welcoming, and oversee holiday decorations, including special shabbat activities.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for administrative functions in the building, including shared outlook calendar, room use, and security protocols
- Open, sort and distribute mail
- Manage cash outs
- Assist in scheduling and preparation for monthly board meetings, and regular board committee meetings
- Manage Goldman Family Preschool waitlist
- Manage administrative elements of hiring process for new JCA positions
- Record and process credit card payments for invoices and donations via phone and in person
- Responsible for creation and modification of key cards for staff, school families, and others
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits: $20/hour; the JCA offers a competitive benefits package that includes partial contribution toward individual health insurance, employer paid short and long-term disability and life insurance, and generous paid time off including 12 federal and several Jewish holidays. Programmatic discounts are also available. The JCA is a collegial, familial work environment. We are dedicated to measurable outcomes and the highest level of programmatic excellence in serving our community.
Interested in joining the JCA? Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.