Early Childhood Support Teacher – Part Time
Pay starts between $14 - $16 hourly
Come join the JCA Goldman Family Preschool! We are hiring floater/support teachers to join our strong team! This person will work in our classrooms with children ages 6 weeks old- 5 years old. This position is 5 days a week and candidates must be available to work until 5:30pm every day. We are seeking candidates who can work collaboratively with classroom teachers, be open-minded, and flexible, and with strong interpersonal skills.
We are a NAEYC accredited program. Through the 'High Scope' curriculum, combined with a Reggio Emilia approach, we offer child centered, family-oriented programs for 6 weeks old to 5 years old. Our curriculum exposes children to a broad range of experiences, including meaningful Jewish cultural exploration. Educated and trained professionals bring deep commitment and a love of children to our classrooms. We foster a child's natural instincts and curiosity by providing a nurturing, comfortable, joyful and developmentally appropriate environment.
Schedule and Responsibilities:
Hours during the School Calendar Year will be part time Monday-Friday 12-5:30pm. Additional subbing hours are available throughout the school year and to those who are interested in picking up hours.
Floater/Support Teachers are required to work 4 days during April Vacation Camps and work full time for 8 weeks in the summer months during summer camp programs.
- Work with children between ages 6 weeks-5 years old indoor and outdoor spaces and joining for woods walks and field trips.
- Provide breaks for teachers on a rotating basis during the regular school day
- Provide an engaging, safe, and nurturing learning environment, bringing new ideas for activities to engage young children
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
Other required skills:
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields.
- Passionate about working with children in a variety of settings inside and outside.
- The candidate must be energetic, positive, patient, and flexible demeanor and ready to have fun!
- Ability to be outside in all kinds of weather for extended periods of time to support building resiliency
- Ability to build strong connections with all ages of children 6 weeks-5 years.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
How to Apply
All applications should include your resume, and three professional references, and apply to the school director Wendy at email@example.com
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Teachers are required to wear masks when caring for children as per CDC and Department of Education guidelines.