Program & Membership Coordinator
The Jewish Community Alliance of Southern Maine (JCA) is hiring a full-time Program & Membership Coordinator to help us strengthen and grow our program offerings, and to serve as our primary point person for planning and implementing membership initiatives. This position will be responsible for several important initiatives within the organization:
- Organize and lead NextDor social, cultural, and volunteer events (for community members in their 20s and 30s); manage NextDor’s online and social media presence; research and pursue additional funding sources for millenial programming;
- Manage fitness classes, hire instructors, work with Portland Recreation and other community partners to expand fitness offerings;
- Manage clubs including book groups, mah jongg, and other adult groups, and serve as liaison to local retirement communities;
- Coordinate community events like group outings to sporting events;
- General Programming Department support including database maintenance, tracking program attendance, staffing special events, and assisting community members with class or event registration;
- Work closely with the Programming Director to brainstorm, develop, and implement new programs that align with the JCA’s mission of building community and celebrating Jewish culture;
- Together with the Programming Director, this position serves an important outreach role, engaging existing and new constituents in JCA programming and more broadly with Jewish life in Southern Maine
- Onboard new members, field membership inquiries, follow up on renewals and cancellations, track membership data and revenue;
- Develop partnerships with local businesses for exclusive member discounts and opportunities;
- Develop and execute membership marketing, acquisition, and retention initiatives;
- Plan and staff membership events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher), Google Suite (Google Drive, Forms, Calendar etc.), social media platforms, email marketing (e.g. Constant Contact), online survey tools, and the ability to independently and quickly learn new software platforms
- (Proficiency with NeonCRM preferred but not required.)
- Professional experience in nonprofit or Jewish communal work, program coordination, membership and/or customer service preferred
- Familiarity with Judaism and Jewish customs and practices strongly preferred
- Commitment to the mission and work of the JCA
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player, highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses an engaging, friendly and professional demeanor, a positive attitude, great problem-solving skills, flexibility and responsiveness to evolving needs in a growing organization, the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and diverse projects, to quickly learn new technical skills and systems, and to exercise discretion in sensitive situations.
This position reports to the Programming Director.
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position with benefits. Some evening and weekend availability is required, and the coordinator must be able to set up and break down chairs and tables for smaller events.
Starting date: September 2019
Salary range: $32,000 - $37,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include paid time off and programmatic discounts, short term and long term disability and life insurance, as well as 90% of the cost of individual health insurance. Voluntary vision and dental are also available.
Interested in joining the JCA? Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Due to volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.