PJ Library Ambassador/Engagement Liaison
Title: PJ Library Ambassador – York County or Bath/Brunswick
Hours: 5 hours/week, grant-funded stipend until mid-August 2020
PJ Library Ambassadors is a 12-month program that connects Jewish families in neighborhood networks in York County and in the Bath/Brunswick area for development of hyper-local microprogramming.
The PJ Library Ambassador gauges and promotes interests, needs, and opportunities that further friendship, build trust, and help families connect Jewishly. The Ambassador nurtures relationships by making contact with families that are Jewishly connected—hosting face-to-face coffee dates and assisting with neighborhood-based programming.
Under the guidance of and in cooperation with the PJ Library Program Coordinator for Southern Maine, the Ambassador
- Contacts parents in the PJ Library database in targeted locations, explaining programs and identifying interests and needs
- Identifies core groups of parents to lead and participate in local neighborhood programming
- Assists with monthly PJ Library programming as needed and including:
- Identifying a host-family for each neighborhood experience
- Facilitating ice-breakers that foster friendships
- Following up with program participants with photos, contact info and invitations to further connect
- Outgoing, energetic self-starter with engaging interpersonal skills and talent for networking and building relationships
- Knowledge of Jewish lifecycle, calendar and traditions
- A personal commitment to pluralistic Judaism
- Experience in project management; impeccable organization and follow-though
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong computer proficiency: Excel, Word, Outlook, social media
- Reliable transportation
- College degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible, and will interview qualified applicants on a rolling basis.