Michael Klahr Jewish Family Services Diaper Bank Director
The JCA’s mission is to enhance and promote Jewish life and continuity locally, in Israel and throughout the world, and to generate the financial resources to develop, provide and support diverse programs, education and services in order to accomplish these goals.
For nearly 100 years, Michael Klahr Jewish Family Services has offered assistance, comfort, and hope to those in need in Southern Maine. Through programs designed to meet compelling and immediate needs, KJFS demonstrates the commitment to gemilut chasadim (acts of loving kindness) in the service of tikkun olam (repairing the world).
As the only National Diaper Bank-affiliated Diaper pantry in Southern Maine, KJFS has provided over 1.5 million diapers to those in need in Southern Maine over the last 3 years. In addition, the agency’s work has helped to raise awareness of Diaper Need as an issue throughout Maine. As part of a new, two-year federally funded diaper distribution demonstration and research pilot program, the KJFS Diaper Bank Director will provide technical assistance and capacity-building leadership help to develop a diaper bank distribution network in several locations throughout Maine. This will involve close work with each partner organization and National Diaper Bank Network on strategic planning, logistics management, developing messaging, and providing training and support.
- Participate in grant-related meetings and trainings.
- Submit invoices in a timely manner.
- Provide regular updates and reports as required by the grant.
- Provide training related to systems, schedules and processes of maintaining a diaper pantry, ordering procedures, data collection and reporting requirements to partner agency staff.
- Treat partners and their staff ethically and professionally.
- Promote promising practices from this demonstration project with community, state and federal leaders.
- Ensure all files, systems and policies operate in accordance with applicable standards and state and federal law.
- Develop and manage KJFS Diaper Bank budget, schedule, and distribution process;
- Work closely with Volunteer Director to support ongoing recruitment and training of KJFS diaper bank volunteers
- Oversee diaper bank social media and media outreach with support of the JCA’s Marketing manager.
Required minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in direct service provision and/or program management required.
- Passion for addressing the critical and significant issue of diaper need in Maine.
- Experience training, supporting, and growing programs through active project management.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to inspire and engage.
- Successful track record overseeing grant administration and reporting.
- Commitment to excellence, transparency, and the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A positive attitude and passion for building a better world through supporting those most in need.
Hours: This is a two-year grant-funded position. It is a full-time, exempt position requiring the time commitment necessary to satisfactorily complete job requirements, including occasional travel to the five grantee sites around the state. Very occasional evening and weekend work may also be required.
Start Date: November 2023
Salary: $70,000-75,000. The JCA offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous programmatic discounts, 11 Federal Holidays and up to 10 Jewish holidays off each year, employer-provided Dental Insurance and Long-and Short-term disability coverage, as well as 90% of individual health insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
To Apply: Email cover letter and résumé, as a PDF or Word document only, to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “KJFS Diaper Bank Director” in subject line of email.