Marketing and Social Media Manager
The JCA’s mission is to enhance and promote Jewish life and continuity locally, in Israel and throughout the world, and to generate the financial resources to develop, provide and support diverse programs, education and services in order to accomplish these goals. As a combined JCC/Jewish Federation and Jewish Family Services program, we are a force for good. Our acclaimed Center Day Camp and Goldman Family Preschool programs serve our diverse and inclusive community, and thousands of people engage with the JCA each year through outreach activities, cultural and educational events, and wellness and social service offerings. Our annual campaign raises funds to help enhance and grow our Jewish community as well as our Jewish Family Services program, which is a HIAS refugee resettlement affiliate and member of the National Diaper Bank Network.
The Marketing and Social Media Manager plays a critical role at the JCA, working together with the Executive Director, Development Director, Programming Director, and the Board to execute the marketing vision for the JCA. The ideal candidate will be an experienced marketer with a passion for building and strengthening community through social media, the web, and email marketing, as well as occasional printed materials. This person will be responsible for understanding and growing our audiences while driving engagement across multiple platforms, providing a unique opportunity to help to raise the profile of the organization and deliver clear messages about the JCA’s impact.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record and passion for nonprofit marketing management. Through creative, clear and compelling web, print, and social media communications, the Marketing and Social Media Manager will drive engagement and awareness of the amazing work of the JCA throughout Southern Maine!
- Implement marketing strategy including:
- Managing web presence
- Managing social media channels
- Maintain brand standards across the organization.
- Timely monitoring of social media channels and those of related organizations
- Production of Annual Report and Yearbook (currently paper and online), including outreach to existing and potential Yearbook advertisers.
- Achieve strategic marketing goals related to campaign development, paid advertising, social media metrics, email and marketing automation.
- Create multimedia content for use across multiple platforms.
- Tailor content to specific audiences/platforms, optimizing posts for visibility and engagement.
- Implement strategy to publicize programs, events and offerings through creation of print materials and regular communications.
- Engage press contacts and execute media strategy, including drafting press releases.
- Grow web traffic for www.mainejewish.org by evaluating and improving site structure.
- Design and implement donation pages, event registration pages, and general webpage updates.
- Review and approve community calendar submissions (internal and external), review conflicts with JCA Staff and make updates/edits as needed to internal submissions.
- Regularly track and report on performance (engagement/retention/growth) with analysis and actionable insights.
- Support and attend events as needed, with technology and photography.
- A bachelor’s degree, and three years of experience in communications, marketing, social media management, or related field.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience with web publishing, SEO and basic content management systems.
- Confidence in using social media publishing, listening, and analytics platforms/tools preferred.
- Experience with front end web design (html, CSS).
- Graphic design experience and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency in photography, photo editing, and video editing/production experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 properties required; experience with NEON CRM preferred.
- Organized, detail-oriented, data, and deadline driven.
- Team player with positive attitude, sense of humor, and enthusiasm for collaboration and excellence.
- Willing to work occasional extended hours when necessary.
- Passion for the mission of the JCA.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $55,000 - 65,000 depending upon experience. Benefits include generous programmatic discounts, 11 Federal Holidays and up to 10 Jewish holidays off each year, employer-provided Dental insurance and Long-and Short-term disability coverage, as well as 90% of individual health insurance and a retirement plan. While most JCA staff work full-time in person, a hybrid work schedule is possible for this role.
We seek to hire for this position as soon as possible; interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com