Infant/Toddler Support Teacher – Full Time
Pay starts at $17-$18 hourly
Come join the JCA Goldman Family Preschool! We are hiring floater/support teachers to join our strong team! This is a year-round 12-month position. The infant/toddler assistant support teacher will work in our classrooms with children ages 6 weeks old- 3 years old. This position starts as soon as March of 2023 and is 5 days a week position. Candidates must be available to work until 5:00pm every day. We are seeking candidates who can work collaboratively with classroom teachers, be open-minded, and flexible, and with strong interpersonal skills.
We are a NAEYC accredited program. Through the 'High Scope' curriculum, combined with a Reggio Emilia approach, we offer child centered, family-oriented programs for 6 weeks old to 5 years old. Our curriculum exposes children to a broad range of experiences, including meaningful Jewish cultural exploration. Educated and trained professionals bring deep commitment and a love of children to our classrooms. We foster a child's natural instincts and curiosity by providing a nurturing, comfortable, joyful and developmentally appropriate environment.
Schedule and Responsibilities:
Hours during the School Calendar are M-F 9am-5pm. Summer working hours are 8:30am-4:30pm
Full Time Assistant Support Teachers work the full 8 weeks in the summer camp from June to mid August.
- Work with children between ages 6 weeks-5 years old indoor and outdoor spaces and joining for woods walks and field trips.
- Provide breaks for teachers on a rotating basis during the regular school day
- Provide an engaging, safe, and nurturing learning environment, bringing new ideas for activities to engage young children
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
Other required skills:
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields.
- Passionate about working with children in a variety of settings inside and outside.
- The candidate must be energetic, positive, patient, and flexible demeanor and ready to have fun!
- Ability to be outside in all kinds of weather for extended periods of time to support building resiliency
- Ability to build strong connections with all ages of children 6 weeks-5 years.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Full Time (12 months) Year-Round teaching positions include: 15 days paid vacation time per year which includes February vacation week and one week during winter break. This time is scheduled into the calendar during days that school is not in session so full-time staff all get the same vacation days. Teachers that work the full 8 weeks of summer camp get the week after summer camp as an additional paid week off before returning to work for professional development week in late August.
How to Apply
All applications should include your resume, and three professional references, and apply to the school director Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Other Applicant Requirements and Considerations
All staff are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid. Associate Degree in EC or related field, early childhood education credits, and/or current CDA preferred but not required. 1 year teaching in a classroom or working with young children as a caregiver preferred. CPR/First Aid Certification Preferred. Applicant must have a current EC Educator eligibility Letter obtained from a DHHS background check prior to being able to report to first day of work in childcare for the state of Maine.