Engagement and Membership Manager
The Jewish Community Alliance is a 20,000-square-feet facility built in 2017. With hundreds of members and thousands of clients and visitors each year, the J is open to all in Southern Maine. We offer a robust schedule of events ranging from Arts & Culture to Wellness to Children & Family. At the J we offer something for everyone from 0 to 99, and our beautiful and accessible location offers a great setting for your meeting, celebration, or special event. Our preschool serves children from six weeks to pre-K. Additionally, we offer after-school care for elementary-aged children and serve over 300 campers per summer at Center Day Camp in Windham. As a Jewish Federation, we raise and distribute funds to support our community locally, in Israel, and around the world. Through Jewish Family Services, we run a Diaper bank and essentials pantry and operate as a HIAS affiliate, welcoming and resettling over 150 refugees per year. Most importantly, we help to foster sense of community and acceptance for all in Southern Maine. We invite you to join us – you are welcome at the J!
The JCA is currently hiring for a full-time Engagement and Membership position. We are looking for someone who is skilled, proactive, and passionate to join our growing and vibrant community.
The J is the town square of Jewish life in Southern Maine. Guided by values rooted in Jewish tradition, we are open to all people of all ages. Everyone belongs, while some may choose to formally join. As our community continues to grow, we are seeking to build community through innovative Jewish programming. The J practices radical inclusivity and is a safe, non-judgmental space for all. Our community is incredibly diverse with Jewish families and individuals self-identifying as: “Just Jewish,” Not Jewish, Culturally Jewish/Secular/Humanist, Jewish by Birth, Reform, Conservative, Orthodox, multi-faith, Israeli American, Jews of Color, LGBTQ, single-parent, differently-abled/special needs, low-income, middle-income, and affluent. The J welcomes the participation of self-identifying Jewish families of all backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities. We are looking to find our perfect shiddach (match) to become our Engagement and Membership Manager. The person in this role will serve as a resource to and connector of Jewish life throughout Southern Maine. The Engagement and Membership E will build and maintain relationships with those seeking Jewish community, be a concierge to connect community members and families with offerings provided in various Jewish spaces and create opportunities to support community members’ Jewish journeys as they unfold. Our ideal Engagement Manager loves getting to know people, making new friends, and is looking for a job that allows them to be out in the community much of the time. This person has strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Key Position Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and promote membership at the JCA:
- Create and maintain membership profiles and membership cards
- Develop and implement renewal structure and stewardship initiatives (birthday greetings, regular outreach)
- Together with Marketing and Development staff, support the growth of additional membership benefits.
- Together with Programming Director, identify opportunities for special members-only events or pricing.
- Maintain an engagement portfolio: Meet, follow-up with, and build and maintain relationships with 50 community members and/or families. Actively track quantitative and qualitative data using The J’s customer relationship management (CRM) software and through other measures of reporting.
- Be a welcoming voice and face to new community members:
- Welcome, concierge, and connect new Jewish community members to Southern Maine. Become familiar with other Jewish organizations in town to help connect community members to current offerings. Collaborate to create new offerings where gaps exist between desired interests and current offerings.
- Foster meaningful Jewish journeys and help Jews in Southern Maine find their place in the community, meeting them at their individual entry points: Facilitate intentionally curated experiences (whether they be micro-communities or cohort gatherings) related to Jewish life.
- Build relationships with and empower community volunteers to become active partners in this work of building and strengthening Jewish community.
- Other duties within the Programming team as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience is required. Our ideal Engagement and Membership Manager has 1 to 3 years of work experience, is passionate about Jewish life and community, is a nimble learner, and is excited to experiment with new initiatives. Most importantly, we are looking for someone with the ability to have fun and enjoy yourself, your work, your human contacts, and your environment!
Salary and Benefits: Salary: $40,000-$50,000. The JCA offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous programmatic discounts, 11 Federal Holidays and up to 10 Jewish holidays off each year, employer-provided Dental Insurance and Long-and Short-term disability coverage, as well as 90% of individual health insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
To Apply: Email cover letter and résumé, as a PDF or Word document only, to email@example.com Please indicate “Engagement and Membership Manager” in subject line of email.