Preschool Teacher - Full Time
$15.00 - $19.00 per hour
Benefits: Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance
Early Childhood Teacher, Co-teacher
Come join the JCA Goldman Family Preschool! We are hiring more teachers to join our strong team! Seeking ideal candidates able to work collaboratively on a co-teaching team, be open-minded, flexible, and have strong interpersonal skills.
We are a NAEYC accredited program. Through the 'High Scope' curriculum, combined with a Reggio Emilia approach, we offer child centered, family-oriented programs for 6 weeks old to 5 years old. Our curriculum exposes children to a broad range of experiences, including meaningful Jewish cultural exploration. Educated and trained professionals bring deep commitment and a love of children to our classrooms. We foster a child's natural instincts and curiosity by providing a nurturing, comfortable, joyful and developmentally appropriate environment.
Schedule and Responsibilities:
Hours during the School Calendar Year will be full time Monday-Friday scheduled between the hours of 7:30am - 5:30pm. This teaching position includes working full time during the academic year and full time for a minimum of four weeks in the summer program.
- Work with children between ages 6 weeks - 5 years old indoor and outdoor spaces and joining for woods walks and field trips.
- Provide an engaging, safe, and nurturing learning environment, bringing new ideas for activities to engage young children
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
Other required skills:
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields.
- Passionate about working with children in a variety of settings inside and outside.
- The candidate must be energetic, positive, patient, and flexible demeanor and ready to have fun!
- Ability to be outside in all kinds of weather for extended periods of time to support building resiliency
- Ability to build strong connections with all ages of children 6 weeks-5 years.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience in Reggio Emilia preferred but not required
How to Apply
All applications should include your cover letter, resume, and three professional references, and apply to the school director Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Teachers may be required to wear masks when caring for children as per CDC and Department of Education guidelines.