Twos Toddler Co-Teacher - Full Time
$17.00 - $20.00 per hour, with additional increases based on experience.
Benefits: Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance
Goldman Family Preschool is hiring a full-time year-round Co-teacher for our Twos Toddler classroom. Seeking ideal candidates able to work collaboratively on a co-teaching team of 2-3 teachers, be open-minded, flexible, have strong classroom management and interpersonal skills.
We are a NAEYC accredited program. Through the 'High Scope' curriculum, combined with a Reggio Emilia approach, we offer child centered, family-oriented programs for 6 weeks old to 5 years old. Our curriculum exposes children to a broad range of experiences, including meaningful Jewish cultural exploration. Educated and trained professionals bring deep commitment and a love of children to our classrooms. We foster a child's natural instincts and curiosity by providing a nurturing, comfortable, joyful and developmentally appropriate environment.
Schedule and Responsibilities:
The hours during the School Calendar Year will be full time Monday-Friday scheduled between the hours of 7:45am - 5:00pm. This teaching position includes working full time during the academic year and full time for a minimum of four weeks in the summer program and starts Aug 28, 2023. There is an option to start in the summer of 2023 if interested. We offer full time teachers a 12-month or 11-month work agreement each year.
- Work with children ages 3-4 years old indoor and outdoor spaces and joining for woods walks and field trips.
- Work with mixed age groupings 3-5 years old during events, special projects and late care hours when needed.
- Classroom management and supervision skills to work successfully on a team of 2-3 teachers and in ratios of 1:6, 1:7, and 1:8 as needed and based on enrollment.
- Provide an engaging, safe, and nurturing learning environment, bringing new ideas for activities to engage young children
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
Other required skills:
- Minimum of 2 years experience co-teaching in childcare, teaching, or other related fields.
- Passionate about working with children in a variety of settings inside and outside.
- The candidate must be energetic, positive, patient, and flexible demeanor and ready to have fun!
- Ability to be outside in all kinds of weather for extended periods of time to support building resiliency
- Associates, Bachelors, and/or master's in early education or related field.
- ECE Assessment, Report and Portfolio Writing experience
- Ability to build strong connections with all ages of children 6 weeks-5 years.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and time management
- Experience in Reggio Emilia preferred but not required
The JCA offers a competitive benefits package that includes partial contribution toward individual health insurance, employer paid short and long-term disability and life insurance, and generous paid time off. Programmatic discounts are also available. The holiday schedule will follow the JCA preschool and includes several Jewish holidays as well as Federal Holidays when they fall during regularly scheduled work time.
The JCA is a collegial, familial work environment, dedicated to measurable outcomes and the highest level of programmatic excellence in serving our community.
How to Apply
All applications should include your cover letter, resume, and three professional references, and apply to the school director Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Teachers may be required to wear masks when caring for children as per CDC and Department of Education guidelines.