2013 Jewish Community Alliance
Thanks to the support of caring community members like you, the JCA has grown! Last year we increased programming, provided additional social services to the community locally and globally, and supported Jewish experiences for all community members at all stages of life.
Our community’s most generous tradition is to give to others, even in the most difficult times.
Your gift to the JCA helps to provide a wide range of services, from Jewish education to adult and young members of our community, supplying food for families struggling to make ends meet, advocacy against anti-Semitism, and providing programming and supporting basic needs for elderly Jews at home in Maine and around the world.
The Impact of Giving
Last year, thanks to the support of our generous and dedicated donors, JCA...
• Distributed over 18,000 lbs of food, feeding over 800 individuals, through Jewish Family Services.
• Raised over $9K for Keep Oil Burning, our highest amount ever!
• Increased our advocacy and education work on Israel and against anti-Semitism – working with the Cumberland Schools to develop multi-cultural programming, changing the first day of school in Portland so it did not conflict with Rosh Hashanah, and planning the first JCA trip to Israel in eight years.
• Launched PJ Library, a program providing free Jewish books and music to families throughout our community.
• Created a new young leadership program called NextDor (Dor in Hebrew translates to generation) and have attracted over 75 participants to its programs – the largest young leadership program in the JCA’s history.
• The Melton School - one of the largest adult learning opportunities in our community - now has 3 programs in Brunswick, as well as our Portland classes.
Making a contribution to Campaign has never been easier. Click the link to make a donation online! Your donation will enable the JCA to continue serving the Jewish community, both locally and internationally and is greatly appreciated. Donate today.